I have 5 questions for leaders to consider going into 2020:
- How do you balance short-term and transactional thinking with long-term and transformative thinking and acting?
- How do you now focus on creating the future of the organization when you will be long gone? Do you really care about this at all?
- How do you know, through your thinking and acting, the value you place on your relationships with employees, clients or customers, and investors or funders? Is there an equal focus on all three or is one more important to you? Why?
- How do you know that your organizational culture, which you have contributed to, is healthy and a flourishing one? Do others see this in the same way?
- Ultimately, is your organizational culture known by others as a psychologically healthy and safe one for everyone in your organization and or for others who are influenced by the results of your organization’s performance?
I would be quite interested in how leaders respond to these questions as they think about what they need to do differently in 2020.
What do you think?