In my researching and coaching practice, it is clear to me that if you are following the traditional model (conventional wisdom) of career change, my experience it rarely works well:
- starting with internal exploration;
- developing your list of strengths, weaknesses, skills interests and ambitions;
- perhaps the usual psychometric testing or career advice;
- then researching various industries and professions linked to preferences and abilities;
- then making the decision, create a detailed plan of action; and
- send out resumes and fill in job applications.
This is the plan then implement model. Through a range of coaching approaches, I use another model, which I believe is much more effective. If you wish to discuss this please contact me.
Within this alternate approach I seek to assist my clients to meet any of these outcomes:
- Transition into leadership roles in their current job
- Switch to a new position in their current line of work
- Change careers entirely
- Think and act strategically
- Solidify a positive mindset for success
- Increase self-confidence and assertivenessDevelop and sustain healthy work habits
- Improve self-awareness and emotional intelligence
- Enhance interpersonal relationships
- Manage stress and avoid burnout
- Achieve personal fulfillment
If you wish to know more, please contact me.